Monday 16 March 2015

The Irony of B Celebrities


Let’s be honest, the majority of comments I've witnessed since Willy Moon and Natalia Kills were announced as judges on X Factor New Zealand have been "Who are these two?" I guess if you live in a country that has wasted time indulging this couple in a "career" you'd have a clue who they are. However here in little old New Zealand they are indeed B grade celebrities. 

Right now unless you are hibernating under a rather large rock within the shores of NZ you will realise that there has been quite the fracas over the last 24 hours regarding these two and their venomous comments towards X Factor contestant Joe Irvine. That alone was enough to boil my blood to a temperature that left me in danger of blowing my stack. But what really pushed me over the edge was the level of arrogance and hypocrisy that oozed from these two. Now anyone who knows me understands that both of those things are two of my greatest pet hates, apart from crumbs in the butter but that's a whole other blog.

When Joe Irvine appeared on stage from behind the screens and started to croon I thought "WOW. This guy looks amazing. Michael Buble would be proud!" Not once did I think he looked anything like Willy Moon and I'm sure most of NZ was thinking the same thing. In fact when Natalia started her rampage of words I was shocked more by the leap she'd made to him looking like her husband than the words that came out of her mouth. What level of arrogance does one have to have in order to make that sort of association? But that wasn't the worst part in my books. What really rubbed me the wrong way was the following quote by Cleopatra's doppelganger:

"As an artist who respects creative integrity and intellectual property, I am disgusted at how much you have copied my husband. From the hair to the suit, do you not have any value or respect for originality?"

I think Mrs Willy Moon needs to look at a dictionary and learn the meaning or originality and creative integrity, because I'm not seeing an ounce of it in her or her husband. I mean lets break this down and examine how much of what she wholeheartedly believes in, actually exists in her own life.

Firstly, myself and well anyone with 20/20 vision can't help but notice how much Natalia seems to model her look on Cleopatra. It is of course a much more aggressive version of the look. And by aggressive I mean she looks like a wannabe drag queen that fell into a face full of make up before rolling around in a bunch of gaudy Christmas decoration cast offs, and then attempted to call it fashion. It would seem that when you stole Cleopatra's look you also managed to get a giant pyramid wedged so far up your arse that it causes regular outbursts of verbal poison followed by bouts of sulking and pouting. You might want to sort that attitude out before you end up falling into D grade celebrity status because no one wants to work with a spoilt brat.

As for Mr Moon himself, every time I see a video clip of him awkwardly jigging to his music like a drunk epileptic, I can't help but think he has modelled his look on the likes of early era Beatles and various other suited acts from the 50's and 60's. Where on earth is the originality and creative integrity in that? The there is his actual music which sounds like he shouted down the microphone for a few minutes, auto tuned it to sound like he is singing into an tin can and then proceeded to call it creative expression.

This however seems to be the irony of self important celebrities that hype themselves up to A grade status when it is clear they are nothing more than B grade wannabes. You are not creative! You are not Original! You are not Talented! You are just arrogant, self inflated ego's who really bring nothing of importance to the world.

You will forever be known as the judges fired from X Factor NZ. You will forever be known as bullies.

I look forward with eager anticipation to see what level of creativity and originality you bring to your careers next.

That last part was really hard to type without breaking into hysterical laughter. Until next time blogettes!

Lulu xo



No comments:

Post a Comment