Thursday 19 May 2011

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD

Today America were finally able to complete a mission they started almost 10 years ago.  I’m not one to normally celebrate in the death of another human being, but given the fact that he has been personally responsible for the death of so many innocent people over the years, I cant help but let my lips twitch into a grin at the thought of it.  Osama Bin Laden has met his maker.  I wonder if it was what he expected, did he get his 20 virgins upon arrival at the pearly Muslim gates?  We shall never know!  But one thing is certain that man will never be able to terrorise anyone every again.

Unfortunately, the nature of carrying out such acts means there is more than likely going to be retaliation at the hands of extremists and radicals.  Where one, once was, there are plenty more waiting in the wings to take over their fight.  The war is far from over, but America can be satisfied that today they have won this particular battle.

This borderline pacifist will go to bed with a smile on her face tonight.  While I don’t agree with war, I know that there is no way to stop it and it will always be, we can never really change that.  However, in the grand scheme of things I’d rather an outcome like this with the least amount of civilian casualties.  Its a pity this couldn’t have been achieved earlier.  So on that note I offer a congratulations to Barack Obama for being able to achieve what no one else was able to.  Lets hope and pray that there can be some peaceful moments in the days ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment