Thursday 19 May 2011

THE NEW EARTHQUAKE HEREO

As I’m sure most of New Zealand are aware by now, it has been officially released who will be the new CEO of the Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority (CERA).  Roger Sutton is the new man of the hour and in my opinion greatly welcomed.  For the last eight years he has been the CEO of Orion, a position that paid far more than the pay cheque he will be receiving for his new role.

Personally I feel that the fact that he is willing to take a pay cut for a job that is going to be extremely hard work, shows the character of this man.  He has already begun by showing integrity and an obvious love for Christchurch (my home town).  This is exactly what the city needs, someone who can show compassion for the people and the place, while being able to remain objective.

I would take my hat off to anyone that is willing to step up to this particular job.  Its going to be a tough one at the best of times!  He also gets extra kudos for being the brother in law of Robyn Malcom, one hell of a gutsy woman whose own mother was injured in the February 22nd earthquake.  This is personal for Roger Sutton and I wish him all the best with his new position.

No comments:

Post a Comment